Strategy at Your Majesty
Strategists at YM help define, create, and grow digital products and services that bring real value to people’s lives. Through research, rapid validation, and analysis, our strategists articulate a product’s focus and deliver a strategic framework to inform the product’s execution process.
We believe that great strategies are empirical, focused, and actionable. In delivering a good plan, strategists find ingenious ways to gain insights, turn business objectives into product priorities, and make sound recommendations that are helpful to the design and technology team.
For this position, we are looking for an individual who can be proactive in running their own work streams as well as oversee and maintain the strategic integrity throughout the entire production process, in collaboration with design, technical, and production leads.
As a Senior Strategist you will...
- Lead intake conversations and immersion activities with clients to gain a deep understanding of their businesses, challenges, and opportunities.
- Articulate the overall strategic approach for projects that outlines: knowledge to be uncovered, the product’s mission and priority, the validation approach, KPIs, the go-to-market plan, and the optimization plan.
- Plan and conduct quantitative and qualitative research to gather knowledge about our clients’ industries, competitors, and consumers' behaviors.
- Synthesize insights, establish product visions, and develop roadmaps to bring those visions to life.
- Communicate findings and recommendations in an actionable manner via deliverables such as debriefs, playbooks, presentations, diagrams, information charts, priority guides, etc.
- Provide business-driven feedback to design and technology decisions made throughout the execution phase, ensuring the defined strategy remains intact.
- Act as our clients' strategic confidant, building rapport and trust with them via insightful advice and proactive consultation.
- Support the business development team by translating a prospective ask into a clear brief along with suggestions for potential added values.
- Define pitch narratives then write and present the pitch to prospective clients.
Your qualifications should show...
- 3+ years of experience creating digital products and services in an agency, startup, or consulting setting. You have a track record of turning ideas into product concepts and successfully bringing them to the market.
- A deep understanding of the product development process. While you are not hands-on with the design and development tasks, you are well-informed and able to hold trade-off discussions with designers and engineers.
- An analytical mindset and a growing set of tools to help you navigate the unknown. When given a challenge, you can deconstruct it into underlying questions and apply your tools of research and validation to find answers.
- A pragmatic view of strategy. Your deliverables aren't only aspirational but also measurable. You know how to quantify and convey values in KPIs and metrics.
- A persuasive and effective communication style. You can be a storyteller when necessary, but more often, you speak and write jargon-free. Your briefs inspire your teams, and your presentations build confidence in your clients.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in joining our team?
- Based on what you know about Your Majesty and our industry, do you think we still have a market fit in 10 years? If yes, why do you think so? If no, how do you think we could pivot?