A design and technology firm in New York and Amsterdam.
At Your Majesty, User Experience Designers are tasked with creating digital experiences that bring people joy while fulfilling their needs. You will play a vital role in the life of a project from its conception to completion — from planning research methods to running participatory design workshops, gathering and synthesizing insights, and ideating how those needs should be met. At each stage, you'll anticipate what users will need and advocate on their behalf, articulating your vision through user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and more.
You're a natural-born problem solver with experience applying iterative design techniques like prototyping and user testing. Your definition of a happy day is being in an environment that allows you to develop your skills fluently with teammates who encourage you to experiment and grow. You are empathetic - you’re never satisfied until you’ve found the most intuitive and user-friendly solution. You truly sweat the details. You fight for the user every step of the way and can communicate how your designs will meet their needs through the use of storyboards, user journeys, wireframes, and more. You are passionate — you’re hungry to make things that people use every day. You thrive when you are collaborating with kind humans in an open and fun workplace, because hey, you are you.
What we are looking for
- 4+ years of professional experience practicing User Experience or Interaction Design, including leading a broad range of UX activities on digital projects.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design and usability principles, with a passion for designing experiences across a multitude of devices and contexts.
- Experience planning, prioritizing, coordinating, and conducting user research activities, information architecture design, interaction design, and user testing.
- Experience working at a consultancy on cross-disciplinary teams.
- Skills to build rapid prototypes using Sketch, InVision, Marvel, or any tool that gets the job done; you’re known for being resourceful.
- A systematic approach to designing for macro- and micro-level interactions.
- Portfolio that includes designs for responsive websites or mobile apps, including wireframes, information architecture and research.
- Ability to sell your ideas, which means excellent verbal and written skills to communicate your research findings and design rationale.
- A knack for thinking big while following through on the details; you’re willing to ask hard questions, imagine every possible scenario, and review every state.
- Comfortable presenting both high-level strategy and focused design to external and internal stakeholders, as well as leading collaborative workshops.
- Genuine passion for the field, along with overall digital technologies and trends; you’re a sponge for HCI literature, usability principles, and the evolving best practices of interface design.
- A keen eye for visual design.
- A team player who loves a challenge.
- Experience using advanced prototyping software like Framer.js.
- Experience leading project teams.
Every day, is a day spent with friends. We’re a small team, so everyone here has a huge impact. We're a collective of pioneering makers from uniquely different backgrounds, united in the pursuit of creating the future of digital experiences for some of the world’s most enterprising brands including adidas, Samsung, Netflix, BMW, Universal Music Group, Bentley, Absolut and Spotify. We’re located in Flatiron, New York, and Amsterdam, Netherlands.